Tax Amendments

If You make a mistake on a tax return you’ve already filed, the IRS allows you to correct those mistakes by filing an amended tax return. The IRS generally allows you to file an amended tax return to correct your filing status, the number of dependents you claim, your gross income and to increase or decrease the number of deductions and credits you report on your original tax return. If your original return reports the correct information but includes math errors, there is often no need to file an amendment. If the correction results in an increase in the amount of tax you owe, it’s to your advantage to file the amendment to avoid potential interest and penalties on the underpayment. so we at Dhruv Tax Consulting helps you in ammending your last year tax returns.